Thursday, September 28, 2006

Poo-man



Yesterday was a review day and a catch-up day at school. Since I'm pretty much busting my ass to stay on schedule, I ended up playing about 3 or 4 total hours of hangman. My most advanced class wanted to play a version that translates roughly to "poo-man." One of the things that intrigues me about Korean kids is that they all draw poop the same way. In 4 weeks of teaching, I've encountered the same identical depiction of feces (at least 15 times). Anyway, this is what poo-man looks like. There's a man who descends the staircase into a vile pile of poo. Korean kid-drawn poo always looks like a digested pyramid. Invariably, poo in Korea exists in stacks of three. I'm not sure if the lines coming out are flies or stink marks.

I went ahead and depicted my hair how my students did before I got sheered. They all drew my Jew-fro the same way, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home