Thursday, September 21, 2006

Body hair in the classroom

Yesterday, I was teaching different names of fruits to one of my kindergarten classes - I have two, that I oscillate between from 10-3. Anyway, one of the fruits was "kiwi." They pretty much all knew what it was. The vocabulary and grammar of these kids is somewhat surprising. So I asked, "And what is - on the outside - of the fruit? How does it feel?" "Oh, it's like teacher's... arms." These kids crack me up.

But that's the great part about six year olds. They're more than happy to spend 20 minutes talking about their favorite fruit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude -

I had forgotten to check this for a while. So, as for everything:

1) Damn!
2) I agree with Greg's assessment of Toni Kukoc - he was integral to those Jordan II-era Bulls teams, and especially the one that did unexpectedly well the season MJ was playing baseball. Luc Longley...now there's a Bull to be mocked.
3) Trans-Pacific Scrabble? I'm game.
4) I'm a bit confused and worried as to how you got to the point where 24 pills a day became necessary...do they not even let you go to the bathroom at this job? Stress? Sanitation? All of the above? In any case, sounds like you made the right move.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home