Sunday, December 10, 2006

Saudis?

I just had probably the weirdest run-in with a stranger off the street. Back in my old neighborhood, I ran into this ajossi (older gentleman) who wanted to "talk". We "chatted" for about five minutes, consisting of remedial [Korean] exchanges such as "I'm 61," "that is a bakery," and "do you have babies?"

So, while we were yacking away, this man felt up about 65% of my body.* He stroked my stubble a number of times and asked if I was a "Saudi" - or that's what I presumed at the time. On the way back home, I did a quick dictionary search in my new swank-ass phone. Now I'm not sure if he was asking me if I'm a "Saudi-saram" or a "Sodom-saram", a "Saudi person" or a "Sodomite." Either way, I wish that I knew the Korean for "aw, you're just curious" or "I know some pill-popping raver kids who would adore you." It's one of those situations - that I find myself in frequently here - where you really want to walk away, but even more you want to see what'll happen next.

*I think people are touchier/gayer here, but it's probably a bit abnormal to molest a stranger like that. At work, a Korean office manager guy pats me down each morning to make sure that I'm sufficiently groomed. If my collar or tie need to be straightened he'll do it for me. Also, he wipes down the back of suit, presumably to clear any dust or lint. About 2-3 times a week he gropes my ass in the process. I have a $5 bet going that he'll try to/accidentally penetrate me with at least one digit before the year is over. There're no winners in a bet like that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think I'm the clear winner in that bet.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surrender yourself to whatever's happening to you in Korea. And then write a blog about it.

GDH

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten dollars says two digits. (May or may not be of the same finger.)

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home